The Personal Care Program can provide in-home help for individuals who have a valid Medical Assistance card and who need assistance with:
- feeding or meal preparation
- ambulation or transfers
and are under a physician's care for chronic condition.
For information, please contact Sara O'Neil, RN at 410-228-3223 ext. 159.
Adult Evaluation and Review Services (AERS)
Adult Evaluation and Review Services evaluates persons 18 and older who:
- are at risk of institutionalization or face disruption of their normal living situation,
- have chronic medical conditions,
- need help with activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, meal preparation or mobility,
- have limited financial means to pay for care/expenses,
in an effort to identify services available to help the individual remain in the community or in the least restrictive environment.
Evaulations are completed for different purposes such as:
- Persons 65 and older considered for admission to State psychiatric facilities.
- Nursing home residents and potential residents with mental illness and/or mental retardation (PASRR).
- Home and community based services waiver clients for:
- Older Adult Waiver (persons 50 and older)
- Living at Home-Community Choice Waiver (persons 21-59 years old)
- Persons referred or enrolled with Senior Care.
- Persons referred for Adult Day Services under the Office of Health Services grant.
- Persons considered for nursing facility admission. For a copy of the new BIMS form, click here, and for the new 3871B form, click here.
- Others at risk of long term care services or needing community support services.
For more information, please contact Susan Esham, LSWA at 410-228-3223 ext. 104.